Notorious Wakili Relaxing At Police Station After Discharged From Hospital (Photo)



Embattled Fulani warlord, Iskilu Wakili has left the hospital for headquarters of the Oyo State Police Command in Eleyele, Ibadan.

Wakili was said to have been taken to the hospital on the directive of Commissioner of Police, Ngozi Onadeko, after he was handed over to the police by men of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) on Sunday.

The Nation also learnt three of his men apprehended with him were said to be undergoing interrogation by the police.

Wakili, who was showed to some select journalists at the Eleyele Police headquarters, was said to have regained full consciousness.

He appeared better contrary to the forlorn looked he wore in a viral video when he was apprehended by the OPC members.

Speaking with the select journalists through an interpreter, Wakili recounted he was in his residence when he heard shouts of people.

He spoke in Hausa/Fulani language all through the brief interaction with the select media.

He said he had thought the people who besieged his residence were Amotekun operatives but before he could make any move, he was grabbed and whisked by the people whom he later discovered to be OPC members.

He denied committing any crime levelled against him, saying people who have evidence or facts of any crime he had committed should make it public.

He said he recently returned from Cotonou where he had gone for medical treatment but did not disclose the ailment.

He noted that he was away to Cotonou for about a week ago and only returned about two days before he was apprehended on Sunday.

He confirmed that the OPC men took him to Ayete station where he was handed over to the police but didn’t say he was beaten or tortured by the OPC operatives.

Wakili said he had also fallen victim of kidnapping as two of his children were abducted and he had to pay ransom to secure their release.

Speaking with journalists, CP Ngozi Onadeko, said any residents with proven evidence of atrocities against the suspects should come forward for proper investigation.

She added the detained members of OPC are still undergoing interrogation.

On the seven suspects arrested for the Shasha crisis who were only Yorubas, the Commissioner said the suspects were nabbed by officers of the Nigerians Army and were only handed over to the police for prosecution.

Onadeko confirmed the suspects have been charged to court but urged the residents to desist from ethnic profiling of crimes.

The Nation

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.