S’West PDP Crisis Thickens As Jogor, Olopoeyan Lead Oyo Delegates To Another Zonal Meeting ( Photos )
... we attended authentic Southwest PDP zonal meeting in Lagos - Olopoeyan
The crisis rocking the South West chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) took another dimension on Friday when some leadership of the party in Oyo state led some delegation of the party to a parallel meeting in Lagos with the former governor of Ekiti state, Ayo Fayose and some other leaders of the party in Southwest.
Among the leaders who were at the meeting are; chief Femi Babalola and Alhaji Adebisi Olopoeniyan.
This is coming barely 24 hours after the governor of Oyo state, Engr. Seyi Makinde met in Ibadan with some leaders of the party from the zone.
The Oyo State governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde, former Governors of Osun and Ekiti states, Chief Bode Judge, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola and Engr. Segun Oni, among others held a zonal leader’s meeting at Government House, Agodi, Ibadan, with absence of some party leaders in the region.
Engr. Femi Babalola Jogor, Alhaji Bisi Olopoeyan who were not in Ibadan meeting from Oyo state on Friday attended same zonal meeting called by former Ekiti gov. Ayodele Fayose, a meeting which was said to be attended by bigwigs I’m southwest PDP was help at Fayose’s residence in Lagos.
In a telephone chat with Alhaji Bisi Olopoeyan after the meeting, he said he is not aware of PDP parlour meeting held in Ibadan yesterday.
“I was not informed about any Southwest PDP leaders meeting held in Ibadan yesterday , if they truly held one, it was a parlour meeting held within the newcomers of PDP, not of southwest leaders., the authentic southwest party invited me and others to represent the state party in Lagos, so, we didn’t have choice, our leaders called us and we have to obey,” Olopoeyan said
When asked what they discussed at the meeting, he said; “I’m on my way to Ibadan now, please when I come, I will explain to all our party leaders and members. We went to the zonal meeting for the progress of our party and I can assure all PDP members in the state that the meeting is a fruitful one. When I come, we will all know the outcome, just wish me a save journey back to Ibadan,” he concluded.
COMMUNIQUE OF A MEETING OF SOUTH WEST LEADERS OF THE PARTY HELD IN LAGOS.
We leaders of the Party gathered in a meeting in Lagos to deliberate on the affairs of our Party, reposition it for greater success hereby resolves as follows;
(1) We take due notice of the efforts of the National Working Committee geared towards sustaining our great Party and extending its frontiers across the nation and commend it for its dedication and commitment to the Party.
We particularly congratulate them for the victory of the Party in the last gubernatorial election in Edo State.
(2)That sequel to (1) above, we also commend and congratulate Gov Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, who was the Chairman of Edo State Campaign Committee and his team for their competence, commitment, dexterity and successful management of the Edo State election.
We also pointedly underscore the fact that the approach and attitude to the prosecution of their Assignments was the required catalyst for the Party’s success.
We also congratulate the people of that State for voting the PDP.
(3) That we note very sadly the abysmally woeful performance of the Party in the last gubernatorial election in Ondo State. We declare that it is disappointing that we lost that election so colossally in a State where we won the Presidential election, two Senators and three House of Representative seats in 2019.
This loss runs contrary to the trend of recent success attained in such elections in (a) Oyo which we successfully won in 2019 (b) Osun which we won outstandingly but was irresponsibly hijacked by the APC controlled Federal Government through criminal abuse of privileges and (c) Ekiti that was hijacked.
Therefore, it is resolved that a Five man Panel is hereby set up to sturdy, assess and identify factors responsible for this unprecedented woeful performance in Ondo State and submit its report within a month.
Members of the Panel are as follows;
(1) Chief Bola Olu-Ojo–Chairman
(2) Hon Mike Ogunlade
(3)Dr Lere Oyewunmi
(4)Otunba Femi Carena
(5) Chief Mrs Mujidat Balogun
This Panel must examine all issues relating to election planning, management and prosecution; identify all lapses and make useful recommendations to prevent such shoddy performances in the future.
The Panel’s report will be submitted to NWC for further actions.
(4) We also note that a group of people are beginning to introduce intra Party violence within the Zone. This ugly development which possess the capability to destroy amity, unity and comradeship within the Party must be checked at once.
In view of this, the National Working Committee is hereby encouraged to take stringent actions against identified sponsors of such actions.
Therefore the Panel report detailing all incidences of violence and their sponsors will be forwarded to the NWC for further action.
(5) We are aware of the fact that the Zonal Congress will hold in due course, thus the report of the Committee on Zoning of Executive positions was received and deliberated upon; therefore positions are zoned as follows; (a) Ondo– National Vice Chairman and Zonal Publicity Secretary;
(b) Osun– Zonal Secretary and Zonal Legal Adviser; (c) Ogun– Zonal Organizing Secretary and Zonal Woman Leader; (d) Oyo– Zonal Auditor and Zonal Youth Leader; (e) Ekiti– Zonal Treasurer; (f) Lagos– Zonal Financial Secretary.
All the States will contribute additional Ex-Officio members to the Zonal Executive.
(6) In view of the fact that we place high premium on solidarity and comradeship amidst the leadership and membership of the Party, we hereby set up a Committee of Six, with a member from all the States in the Zone. Members are (1)Engr Femi Babalola–Chairman
(2) Chief Kolapo Ogunjobi
(3)Barr Ahmed Okandeji Mustapha
(4) Chief Idowu Odeyemi
(5) Chief Tunde Akindehin
(6) Prince Diran Odeyemi– Secretary
The Terms of References shall include reconciliation of thorny issues within the Party, crisis settlement and all other sundry issues that may arise.
(7) We also wish to encourage the National Working Committee to be ready to discipline errant member(s) of the Party that deliberately take any action that may compromise the peace and interest of the Party in the South West; irrespective of position, status and privileges.
It is only when discipline is enforced that the Party will continue to grow and attain success.
(8) As responsible Party Leaders, we recognize the fact that the National Working Committee remains the ultimate authority over the Party and as such trust in its competence to address all issues and matters developing within the Party, as such hold firmly and trust that it will not share its sacrosanct responsibilities with anybody or group.
Therefore we shall seek audience with it in respect of developments within the Party.
This Communique is signed by–
(1) Hon Bisi Kolawole- State Chairman Ekiti State.
(2) Hon Sikirulai Ogundele- State Chairman, Ogun State
(3) Engr Deji Doberty– State Chairman Lagos State
(4) Elder Sunday Akanfe Deputy State Chairman Osun State
Communique also signed by the following members of the Zonal Caretaker Committed
1) Hon Daisi Akitan – Zonal Secretary
2) Hon Mustapha Sikiru Banana
3)Hon Martins Abiloye
4) Prince Nekan Olagbegi
5)Mrs Funmi Ogun
6) Hon Wahab Owokoniran
6)Mrs Fadeyi Ayo Awolowo.