The Oyo State Road Transport Management Authority (OYRTMA) has today distributed free protective cabs to over 1000 motorcyclists drawn across Oyo State.
The glamorous event held in conjunction with Sidol Solutions at the Administrative Headquarters of the Authority, Secretariat, Agodi, Ibadan had in attendance several government functionaries, the Olubadan of Ibadanland (represented) and relevant stakeholders in the transportation sector of the State.
Addressing the beneficiaries, Executive Chairman, OYRTMA, Mogaji Akin Fagbemi expressed delight over the innovation which in his words “would protect the riders and their passengers alike from inclement and harsh atmospheric conditions”. He further hinted that the Governor Seyi Makinde led administration would never relent in seeking several ways to better the lots of the people of the State particularly its teeming population of youths engaged in commercial transportation sub-sector and other entrepreneurial enterprises.
Relevant groups and stakeholders at the occasion also included members of;
- Road Transport Employee Association of Nigeria (RTEAN)
- Amalgamated Commercial Motorcycle Owners and Riders Association of Nigeria (ACCOMORAN)
- ANACOWA Motorcycle Owners and Riders Association, Oyo State Chapter.
- Motorcycle and Tricycle Operators Association of Nigeria (MOTOAN).
- Motorcycle Transport Union of Nigeria (MTUN).
- Tricycle Transporter Association of Nigeria (TTAN).
- Tricycle Owners Association of Nigeria (TOAN).
- Tricycle and Motorcycle Association of Oyo State (TRAMOAS)
- National Commercial Tricycle and Motorcycle Owners and Riders Association of Nigeria (NACTOMORAS) among several others.